Marquee wedding ideas – Planning a marquee wedding at home
Long before I got engaged, I knew I wanted to get married at my family home. My parents live amongst the beautiful Herefordshire countryside with amazing views and great outdoor space. I was lucky enough to have gone through my teenage years and twenties with a very special horse and have so many incredible memories of fun times with him at home.
So, to provide some marquee wedding ideas, here are my thoughts around having a marquee wedding at home:
You can literally have the wedding you want. From the running order to caterers you won’t be restricted by a venue, so you have free rein to create YOUR wedding from the get-go.
- What kind of marquee structure would you like?
- How can you make the most of the space?
- What elements of the wedding are most important to you?
This was the biggie for me. I knew that no one else was going to have their wedding at my home. My wedding would be 100% unique to me and my husband and that meant everything to us. We wanted to make the most of the beautiful space and really used what we found in the garden and field.
- Can you make use of the nature around you?
- How will the wedding reflect you as a couple?
- What do you need in place to create your dream day?
Making the most of it
You have the marquee so why not make the most of it and host a brunch or BBQ the following day before your guests head home. You can catch up on all the gossip from the big day and finish off the wedding cake.
- How can you make the most of the marquee?
- Need some extra hands to pack down?
- Want to spend more time with family and friends?
Get some help even if just for the wedding day itself. You want to be able to fully enjoy your day so having someone on hand to liaise with suppliers and make any decisions needed to ensure the smooth delivery of your wedding day.
- Who will reboot the generator if it needs it?
- Who is ensuring everyone and everything is in place?
- Who is there to make sure you have the day you have always dreamed of?
If you are thinking of having your wedding at home and want to speak to a professional about whether it is possible or if you need some planning support please give me a call or get in touch. I love nothing more than chatting weddings over a slice of cake.