How to find your dream wedding venue
Finding your dream wedding venue can be tricky so I’m going to take you through the steps you need to take before, during and after viewing venues to help you make the decision.
Before you go…
- Work out your guest numbers to ensure you are looking at venues that can accommodate your party
- Have an idea of months and dates you would like to marry in and check availability with the venue
- Know roughly how much you have to spend on the wedding and in particular the venue (some venues appear more expensive, but it may be that their costs include tables, chairs, food, etc)
- Check if the venue has accommodation and if so, is included in the price
- Have a look on Instagram and Pinterest at other weddings held at the venue
At the venue…
- Take lots of photos to remind yourself of different areas of the venue
- Look at the distance between potential ceremony and reception sites
- Talk about any restrictions to using the space i.e. Can you have hanging floral installations? is the use of candles permitted?
- Do they have a venue plan they can give you? If not, can you draw one so you can refer to it later on
- Consider any non negotiable aspects for your wedding. Do you want garden games? Or fireworks? An outdoor ceremony space?
Questions to ask
- Is there space for the bridal party to get ready?
- Is there space for the bridal party to store bags, etc?
- Can we bring our own alcohol?
- Is there a corkage fee?
- What is and isn’t included in the fee?
- What time can we set up?
- Can we move furniture etc around?
- When does the bar stop serving?
- When do we need to have packed down by?
- Will there be someone here on the day to ensure the day is delivered smoothly?
- Can we throw confetti?
- Can they recommend suppliers?
- Is there accommodation nearby for guests?
- Do they use in-house or preferred caterers or can we choose our own?
After the viewing…
- Contact suppliers to see if they have availability for the dates given by the venue
- How would the seasonal weather affect the day?
- Look at local accommodation options
Hope that has given you some food for thought when it comes to finding your dream venue.
Love Sarah x